Need help in English & maps of Finland

Kielenkääntöä suuntaan ja toiseen
dark.metalswamp
Viesti:

Need help in English & maps of Finland

Viesti Kirjoittaja dark.metalswamp » La 17.03.2007 9:19

Hi all!

I hope a lot of you understand english.

I am from the Czech republic and can't speak almost a word in finnish (and these i know are unpublicable ;)). In June I should travel to Finland for 14 days and also want to find some caches. I would like to find someone who can help me with following:
- orientation in cachemap of geocache.fi (I didn't find switch to english language yet)
- maps for my OziExplorerCE - it seems impossible to get any electonic maps of Finland and finnish cities. After several weeks of trying I got only 1:50000 map of surroundings of Hämeenlinna. No maps for overall Finland (except russian Generalny shtab maps 1:500 000 in azbuka with S42 coordinate system) nor city plans are available. I would need especially regions of: Uusimaa, Kanta-Häme, Southwest Finland, Pirkanmaa, Satakunta, Itä-Uusimaa and maybe also Päijät-Häme and Keski-Suomi and cities (and surroundings) of Helsinki, Espoo, Tampere and Turku at least. The format of maps should be native OZF2 but also plain JPG / GIF is enough for me. Even the georefferencing files aren't necessary.

Of course if anyone need similar help for the Czech republic or Slovakia feel free to contact me.

Geo-Olli

Viesti Kirjoittaja Geo-Olli » Ma 19.03.2007 10:13

Try that one. Unfortunately that is only for finnish, but it's quite easy to use. And you can get Lat. and Long. coordiantes, too. Zoom is in lower left corner and Lat. and Long. coords are at "GPS Koordinaatit".

http://kartat.eniro.fi/query?what=map
Kätköily on kuin kalastusta, kannattaa yrittää, vaikkei lopputulos ole varmaa...

Steamhead

Re: Need help in English & maps of Finland

Viesti Kirjoittaja Steamhead » La 31.01.2009 22:25

I have had same problems when trying to find caches outside Finland. Here I can go to shop and buy topo map for Garmin about 100 eur. But too expensive for few days ... and seems impossible to find map of Kiev I travel next.
But I start with geocaching.com --> search with Google Maps. Then get coordinates for caches to GPS on the area you are going to stay. In city it is easy , take print map from hotel reception and go.. I was just in Budapest and find few caches near my hotel that way.
( Been in Brno by the way .. nice city )

Tervas

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tervas » Su 01.02.2009 18:52

Here is another map site of Finland, If you need larger view you can have hours of fun downloading and glueing map pieces together with 'Paint' or similar...
"Jokaisen oikein rakennetun pojan tekee joskus vastustamattomasti mieli etsiä kätkettyä aarretta."
Mark Twain: Tom Sawyerin seikkailut

wood

Viesti Kirjoittaja wood » Su 01.02.2009 22:14

Please note that the original question is a bit old now... :)

Vastaa Viestiin

Palaa sivulle “Käännösapua”